28th Aug 2009
What if there is a flood, a brush fire, a hurricane, an earthquake? What if you get lost on an off road trip or your truck brakes something critical miles from civilization?
Scary thought indeed, but survival, or at very least some comfort, can be greatly enhanced if you are prepared.
What do you need and where do you find everything? Another important question you should ask yourself. This is undoubtedly this is the reason most people are not prepared for disaster, big or small, when it occurs.
Now that you are about to totally freak out, relax, a simple solution has been provided, by Bug Out Bagz of Tempe Arizona. This is just not another bag of emergency supplies, each item included in the Bug Out Bag is a quality, there is no off shore clone junk.
Of particular interest for the off road enthusiast is the Bill Burke edition Bug Out Bag, not just a kit with Bill’s name on it, but a kit that had the contents prescribed by Bill to cover any imaginable off road emergency.
Included in the Bill Burke Edition Bug out Bag are;
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Rapid heat, and Rapid Cold, both are 5-1/2 x 10 inch
- CPR barrier mask with gloves and wipes in a hard case (yellow)
- Personal Amenity Kit, including hand sanitizer, toothpaste and brush, toilet tissue, and more.
- Pocket Survival kit including signalling devices, a compass, fire starter, survival instructions, and more.
- Plastic bag kit, yes that’s right a bag of bags, an absolute must for too many reasons
- Bright yellow Lightweight Rain Poncho made of 10 mil PVC with plastic side snaps
- Yellow Pelican Mitylite flashlight (2AA battery included)
- Dental Medic, first aid for you teeth, because you never know
- Esbit Pocket stove with six fuel cubes
- Diamond Strike Antwhere penny matches, to light the stove or any other fire you may need
- Particulate Respirator masks N95, (2 each)
- Ear Pulgs NRR33 rated, pull off an exhaust and you will know why you need these
- Heatsheet 56”x84” blanket
- Heavy Duty work gloves
- Back Pack Trowel for digging those required holes
- Indoor/Outdoor safety glasses
- Cactus Juice sunscreen which also helps protect against windburn
- Electrolyte Drink Mix in pre measured packs by Sqwincher (4 each)
- Swiss Army Rescue Tool by Victorinox
- Flexible Clothesline and Utility Cord, black, by Netline
- MicroNet Microfiber Towel with a storage bag in Sky Blue (10”x20”)
- Bamboo Compressed Towelette (10 pack), takes less space than a soda can
- Mountain Safety Research Cloudliner three liter Hydration Bag
- Backcountry First Aid and Extended Care book by Buck Tilton (5th Edition)
- Duct tape, yes the fix almost everything item is included
- Getting PREpared DVD with Bill Burke, watch it before you have a need to use the information.
Everything is packaged in a special edition Deluxe Emergency and Disaster Preparedness Back Pack, This is probably the most versatile day pack/travel pack you will ever see. It offers organization in every pocket, compression straps, and external accessory accommodation. As comfortable as it is good looking!
This is one of those products everyone should have but never have to use.
Why would anyone want to settle for less than the best?
This backpack even with all the emergency supplies has loads of room for items that could not be included. How do you give everyone everything? What the kit is missing are the personal preference items.
Which meal replacement bar to include? Kids favorite toy? Spare clothing for everyone involved? These are all examples of some of the items you are going to want to choose to personalize the kit.
The folks at Bug Out Bags include with the package a list of recommended supplies in the form of a checklist for you to consider as additions to personalize your emergency preparedness.
You will also want to check out their web site for activity specific items to include in your Bug Out Bag.
Top of Page
[an error occurred while processing this directive]